When parents are blessed with twins or with multiple children they obviously get to deal with, at least, twice the work, twice the baby supplies and twice the cost. It’s nice to kingdom strollers see that there are, at least, some cost-saving options out there for parents. The Quattro Tour Duo stroller, a tandem stroller from Graco, falls into this category. The Duo stroller is a full-featured stroller that is reasonably priced. Let’s take a look at some of Duo’s finer points:
The Quattro Tour Duo seats accommodate two SnugRide or Infant SafeSeat infant car seats – this means that you can start strolling right away. These infant car seats from Graco can easily be moved from the car to the stroller and visa versa – without disturbing your sleeping children. The infant car seats simply snap and lock into the stroller for a safe and secure ride. Both seats have removable canopies that provide ample, bassinet-like coverage for your children.
A 3- and a 5-point safety harness system comes standard with the Duo’s seats. The safety harnesses can be converted from 5-point to 3-point when your children get older. Research tells us that it’s pretty common for parents to switch to the 3-point harness for their own convenience and for their child’s comfort.
If you have multiple children you’ll know what I’m talking about when I say that you have A LOT of baby gear to transport. I’ve used and reviewed a lot of strollers and I have to say that compared to the Duo, I’ve never seen, or heard of, a stroller with more storage space. In my opinion, the Quattro Tour Duo, hands down, has more storage space than all other strollers.
- 3-position seat recline
- Washable seat covers
- 3- and 5-point safety harnesses
- Seats are compatible with Graco SnugRide and Infant SafeSeat car seats
- Carries two children up to 90 lbs. total – 50 lbs. front and 40 lbs. rear
- Removable canopy
- Cup holder and snack tray for front passenger
- Easy one hand fold
- Ergonomic padded handles
- Extra large drop-down basket for easy access
- Rear wheel brakes
- Front wheel suspension
- 360 degree swivel wheels
- Front lock for straight steering
- Stroll with two infants in their car seats
- Easily open and close the Duo stroller
- Store all of your baby gear, groceries and toys in Duo’s extra large storage basket
- Provide extra protection for your little ones with the large, removable, canopies
- Use the Duo stroller for years from infant car seats to 90 lbs.
- Conveniently secure your children into the Duo stroller with either the 3- or the 5-point harnesses
Who’s using this stroller?
- Parents who either have twins or two young toddlers
- Parents who want good value for their dollar use the Duo stroller. Parents find this stroller to be a good value for two reasons: 1 – you get a lot of features for a reasonable price and 2 – You can use this stroller for years… from infancy to a total of 90 lbs.
What’s working well?
- Transferring your children from the car to the stroller couldn’t be easier. Not all twin strollers accommodate two infant car seats – so if you are blessed with multiple infants, consider the Quattro Tour Duo for the infant car seat carrying capability.
- As I mentioned earlier, you get a lot of storage space with the Quattro Tour Duo. But what I didn’t mention was how easy it is to load and unload gear to and from the storage basket. Graco has an amazing lower and load feature where the rear portion of the storage basket can be lowered for incredible easy access.
- The one thing that surprised me about the Duo strollers is its easy-fold capability. I assumed that since the Duo was such a large, heavy-duty stroller that I’d have to give up the easy fold capability that Graco offers with its standard / single strollers. My assumption was incorrect, the Duo stroller easily folds and unfolds with one hand. This feature is fantastic for parents with multiple children who’s hands always seem to be occupied – imagine that.
What’s not working well?
- I’m sure that Graco’s SnugRide and Infant SafeSeat car seats / travel systems are fantastic and they work very well. But I’ve been talking with lots of parents who consider lack of choice a detriment. In my opinion, Graco would sell a heck of a lot more strollers if they would support other manufacturers’ infant car seats. Graco’s strollers are only compatible with the Graco SnugRider and the Graco Infant SafeSeat… adding others’ strollers to their compatibility list would give us choice – and this, in turn, would remove purchase decision obstacles
- Many parents I spoke with opted to ‘not’ get the Quattro Tour Duo because of the weight. Having a full featured twin stroller that weighs 39 lbs. is not for everyone. You’ll pay a lot more money for a lighter, full featured, twin stroller – so the trade-off is pretty clear… weight versus affordability.
Why should you buy this stroller?
- If you have two young children and you’re looking for a stroller that is affordable.
- If you want a twin stroller that is packed with features
- If you are looking for a stroller that has a ton of storage space below the seats
Why should you ‘not’ buy this stroller?
- If you either have or want to purchase non-Graco infant car seats.
- If you are looking for a lighter stroller – in other words, if you can’t lift 39 pounds in and out of your automobile.
- If you are looking for a stroller that’s easier to maneuver.
Other Strollers to Consider
- Joovy Caboose – A lightweight sit and stand stroller that is ideal for parents who have two children close in age. Parents who have, at least, one child who is over two years old… so he or she can sit or stand on Joovy’s unique rear platform.
- The Peg Perego Duette SW stroller – A tandem stroller that has all the stroller features you can imagine – large wheels, all-wheel suspension, adjustable, forward/rear facing, seats… it even includes a steering wheel!
Parents of 2 young infant or toddler children are certainly blessed but as we all know raising multiple children is a lot of work. Finding a reasonably priced stroller that has lots of practical features is a God-send. The Stroller Shop recommends the Quattro Tour Duo stroller to parents who are looking for great value in their stroller.