The task of choosing a good translation company can be overwhelming, especially since there is a lot on the line. It is even more daunting if this is the first time that you will be using this kind of service and you are unsure of how to go about selecting the Translation Services company that would best fit your translation needs. The first thing that you need to do is to decide on the extent of the project and what your specific goals are. Once you have a clear image of what you need, then you will have a better idea on what to look for in a company, specializing in translations. To make your search even easier, here are some questions that you need to ask when choosing a translation company –
* How financially stable is the company? Inquiring about the company’s base financial status will give you some idea of their success and financial security. Make a request to see their annual financial reports or statements.
* Do they have a list of previous and on-going clients and projects? This is an important question to ask and the company should be willing to provide you with a list of their clients. Translation Services Ask for client feedback and references. Do not be afraid to ask for those kinds of information and details. You need to make sure that the company has the appropriate experience and know-how.
* How much work can the company manage? Can they handle the volume of work that you will be demanding? What will their turnaround time be?
* What types of documents or content is the company capable of translating? Inquire about the specifics. For instance, can they translate training materials, legal documents or technical terms? Can the company carry-out your project alone or do you need to hire several providers?
* How much do they charge for a particular project? It is an excellent idea to ask the company to provide you with a quote on a proposed project. This will help you estimate your budget and give you a better understanding on how much services like these will amount in the long run.
* How will the project be managed? How many project managers does the company employ? Where are they based? How many people will be assigned to your project? It is also a good idea to ask for the CVs and credentials of their translators, so you can gauge their capabilities and what they specialize in.
Researching and gathering extensive information on the company that you are planning to hire is a given. However, you should also look inward and ask yourself questions pertaining to the project and your company’s needs and expectations, in order to get the desired outcome. Each translation project is different. It can range from a simple one-page document to a full-scale overhaul of the company’s website. Whatever the case may be, you’ll need a reliable translation service provider who can cater to your needs. Knowing the right questions to ask the company is the key in deciding which company is best for you.